Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Chanel experience

I really like Chanel, especially the perfumes (Chance is my fave), so when the opportunity came to get my make-up done at Chanel by a pro make-up artist from Montreal, I jumped all over that.

I rescheduled my stuff, and drove downtown, knowing I won't have an easy time finding parking.

Well I got there, the make-up artist was really nice and hot (cute blue eyes, very nice face) and he seemed to know what he was doing, while not being pushy at all. I really liked him, we even chatted about life and everything.

He cleaned my face off the MU I was wearing, and applied serum and lotion, then he went on to put foundation.

It was Vitalumiere, and I really wanted to try it, so it was great that he was using it. He applied a little blush (tweed rose) and some bronzer, very natural look.
On my eyes, he applied an ivory shadow, a purple eyeliner and purple mascara
On my lips - peach liner, gloss #51

Final look - and I wish I could have taken a pic...
The foundation and concealers looked horrible, there was too much on and it just stayed on top of my skin and creased around my mouth and nose and eye, it didn't seem blended in (even though he spent time blending)...it was not pretty all. I was really surprised because I thought he was doing great.

I did love my eyes and my lips, it was combos I don't usually do and it was a fresh change. I might get the purple eyeliner or the mascara. Although the mascara did clump and flake before I was even done...maybe it was old..=(

I asked him if I just wanted to buy one item, what should I get? He said the foundation...I couldn't even believed it, it looked so bad, I would have bought anything else over that. I got a sample and I am going to try it at home and see how it goes. I hope it goes a lot better, otherwise I am going to be sad.

I went to MAC afterward, and I sprayed some Fix + to try and fix it, or blend it in, or make it better and no amount of Fix + could fix that mess.

So yea...Let me know your experiences, Chanel or otherwise.

xoxo,

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment